vendredi 13 juillet 2018

ONE GOES TO THE AMAZON FOR THE ESSENCE OF ITS INDIGENOUS PEOPLE

I have just returned from the Colombian Amazon and the best part of the trip was my renewing the spirit of fraternity and solidarity with the Ticuna Indians who inhabit the region.




Being a traveller is so different from being a tourist. At times I wished I was a tourist, just looking at sights and sites and forget the inequality around and our own part in the destruction of the innocent cultures of this planet.
This journey to Leticia reminded me very much of the
The Saddest Pleasure

the travel narrative of Mortiz Thomsen


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...