dimanche 29 juillet 2018

AMAZING SPIRIT WORLD OF AMAZONIA

-->
AMAZING SPIRIT WORLD OF AMAZONIA
READING YUVAL NOAH HARARI IN AMAZONIA
Because of my long association with traditional tribes, some of their belief systems have been passed on to me.
I am Jewish, very cognizant of the history of my people, fond of the Talmudic thinking. Yogic philosophy of Patanjali and the lived in philosophy of Buddha in various Buddhist countries (mainly in Myanmar) has also influenced me.
It may thus seem incongruous that I am reading SAPIENS by Yuval Noah Harari, a professor from Jerusalem, while resting comfortably at my favourite hotel in Leticia in the Colombian Amazon surrounded by friends and visitors from the Ticuna tribe.


Harari elegantly argues about social construction. As an Anthropologist and a student of the French Philosopher Jacques Derrida (Jewish, born in Algeria), I have learned the analytic tools of de-construction.
But when is de-construction necessary? when words have been misunderstood? (Context or lack of linguistic ability) or the gullibility of the believer? (Usually a falsehood believed over and over again to increase self-confidence, e.g.: I am proud of to have done such and such or I believe in miracles).
When events unfold which has no explanation other than my individual explanatory model (influenced by American Indians, among others), there is no de-construction is necessary.

I will give you an example that happened in less than 24 hours in the Spirit World of Amazonia. As Indians would say, Mi ta ku ye Oyasin , All are Related.
Yesterday I said good-bye to a recent acquaintance, felt a little sad at the loss and walked towards the center of town.

Not even five minutes had passed when I received a message from the Last Jew of Cochin, in Kerala, Elias.
It said:
Powerful Tefila for today!

Read this sentence carefully.

When Hashem takes something from your grasp. He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence.

"The will of Hashem will never take you where the Grace of Hashem will not protect you."

I was flabbergasted, just five minutes earlier I had felt a loss, then this Tefila arrives.
More than a coincidence.
It did not stop there
An email from a friend in Yangon. Many years ago I had set her up in a Travel Agency and was able to help her and about six other young women, so that they can independently work. (Office work, travel related work). It must have been at least 6 years since she last wrote.

Hello,
How’s everything and I just remember about you and just want to get in touch with you again.
Are you visiting Myanmar in these years?
If you are still using the email, please kindly reply me.

Why did she write today?
I was feeling happier by the minute and the telephone rings, it is my closest friend in Buenos Aires, Argentina, a psychiatrist by training, with whom I have a very good relationship. As usual we had a good conversation, we talked about the de-construction of the ordinary, the fear of the conventional people about being alive.
As the day progressed, I was convinced that the Spirits/forces were protecting me from evil intentions and that they were bringing in various gifts.
Why should a Chinese woman in her thirties, a business woman, fluent in French but less so in England, Today, apologizing the long delay and asking me whether we could speak to each other on Skype?
Why Today?

By the time night time arrived, my good friend from Ticuna Tribe, called and made sure that I would be at the wharf at 9 15 am to welcome her. We spent a lovely day together, she explained to me the various plants, their local names and uses and what they meant to her tribe. Harmony in life is what they cherish.
I have always maintained that the if you keep your mind full of pure intention, (not full of agenda of your desires), those who try to hurt you, as Ticuna said, trying to destroy your happiness because they are not, would only suffer, for many moons to come.

From the very beginning they have taught me, try to be good each and every day, don’t rest on your laurels on what you have done or accomplished. Your great reward or punishment is that You have to live the person you have become..

Cherish the moment
Very grateful to the Spirits of the Amazonia.


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...