dimanche 2 juin 2019

THE BEST CULTURAL EXPERIENCE IN YANGON, BURMA/MYANMAR 
Burma as it is now in 2019, convulsed through democratic change whilst the military is in tight control, inviting the world condemnation with the Rohingya affair (a complex affair the end of which is not in sight), is trying its best to join the brotherhood of south eastern asian nations.
I was there two months ago after an absence of five years and most of my vision was taken up by the rapid changes some of which were dramatic had taken place . 
I left Yangon today after my second visit in two months and this time I could devote time to observe people and interact with them. I have the advantage very few other tourists or visitors have, in that I am mistaken for a Burmese, especially on those days when I am dressed like one.
Conclusion: Burmese people continue to be the best people of all of South East Asia, an impression imprinted on my brain ever since that first visit in 2001 with my brother Eliyahu..
One of the best cultural experience one could have in Yangon, an anthropologist's dream is the circle train (unfortunately it does not circle any more, but goes from Yangon to Insein, of the prison fame)..











featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...