dimanche 16 juin 2019

PABLO NERUDA IN COLOMBO, IN YANGON, IN BATAVIA AND IN MY HEART

Last night in conversation, Pablo Neruda's name came up again,as I was describing my recent trip to Myanmar. I have written many times before about Pablo, Rangoon, Josie Bliss all of which have counterparts in our own lives.

My Spanish friend who leads /has led a wonderful full life had summarized a complete life as 

Have Love and Affection in your life ( it could be partner and children or love people )
Enjoy your work and be innovative in it. Just dont go to work thinking of it as a chore
Be passionate about things in life, in his case Photography, Travel and Jazz..

to put the wonderful philosophy he was talking about and our dear poet Pablo Neruda, we could always look for some lines from Pablo about the wonderful life he had lived.


I have read this poem many a times before but it is always refreshing to read it again and again.
Here is an English translation
For much of the people who are unhappy with their daily life situation, listen to Pablo, listen to my friend Luis ..

The least you can do is to TRAVEL and see how the others are living and coping with their lives 
Why are the poor people in Rangoon and Siem Reap so happy whereas the people in the west seem unhappy?

listen to music 
read books 
talk with friends 
and If you do not have a friend to talk to, write to me, and I will be your friend 


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...