lundi 10 juin 2019

SADHGURU AND AMERICAN INDIAN WISDOM

I have been very lucky to have some very good friends in KL, of course not to mention my best friend in all of Asia, YMC, whom I met while waiting for a lift at the Siem Reap International Airport a decade ago. Since then we have become close friends, through the trials and tribulations of her family life and drama. She is married with a wonderful supporting husband from Portugal and our friendships continue to grow.
She sent me an explanation by Sadhguru about being the director of one's life.
https://medicoanthropologist.blogspot.com/2019/06/sadhguru-on-being-your-own-director-of.html

When you lead a life in which you come across various lifestyles and most importantly various philosophies, one becomes aware of the universal nature of the philosophies. and makes you realize that no one philosophy or religion is a panacea and that various people at various stages of life may need different prismatic looks at life and a plethora of explications exist.
What surprises me, influenced as I am by Jewish, Yogic/Buddhist philosophy (there is a joke that most of the well known western Buddhists are Jew-Bu) as well as by Native Indian as well other indigenous philosophies, how similar they tend to be, and at times there is congruences, meeting points and enhancements.
I believe that no one religious strain of thought is better than another. And when YMC sent me this excerpt of Sadhguru's thoughts.. it took me to the talks with American Native Indians and also to the University halls in London where I read Anthropology..
Indians would say: We don't know what the Great spirit has in store for us and perhaps cannot control it but certainly can control how we feel and confront them.
When you read the talk by Sadhguru about being a Director rather than an audience or an actor.. same sentiment.
Elsewhere Sadhguru had talked about American Indians, I am truly impressed with the depth and scope of this man's knowledge and comprehension.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...