samedi 20 novembre 2021

MR. VIJAYAN OF BALAJI CAFE IN ERNAKULUM ON HIS LAST JOURNEY


 This short paper cutting was forwarded to me from Cochin by the Last Jew of Cochin. He had taken me in 2016, five years ago to meet this remarkable couple, great ambassadors for Kerala in India .

They had a modest tea shop which sold tea and snacks for 7 us cents each (5 Indian rupees) and each day they saved 5 dollars and when they had enough, they go on a planned trip, the first trip was to Israel and I think the last trip was to Russia . I hope to meet Mr Putin, he quipped. Wherever he went the local newspapers got hold of the remarkable story of this humble man.


May you rest in peace, Mr Vijayan and may peace be with you, Mrs Mohana. I am glad to have met you, certainly you were two stars in my travel skies ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...