lundi 15 novembre 2021

I DONT SPEAK PERSIAN BUT SOME PERSIAN SONGS DANCE AROUND MY HEART. THIS ONE BY SIAVASH GHOMAYSHI

 I had driven north from Miami to be with my dear friends M & G.

A very long conversation, broken only for a nouvelle americain cuisine dinner, followed, blessed by the celestial artistry of the Universe.


It is incredible that our conversations last seven to eight hours, it is mutually beneficial, covers a large range of subjects, but some subjects dear to our heart such as travel and food.


Just sixty miles north and the Latinate chaos of Miami is but a memory. An old house from the 1950a converted into a restaurant with outdoor dining area. 

On the way back to the Kendall area of Miami, I was listening to Spotify suggestion on my phone of what I had listened most in 2020.. curious enough.. yes It was good to listen to the freshness of the music that helped me through the covid isolation.

The heart was feeling tender. There was not one moment of conflict in the long conversation with M and G and I admire the harmony in their relationship.

Halfway through the drive, a song I have not listened in a while comes on the Spotify play list



The voice was familiar. I looked at the name Siavash Ghomayshi from Iran

I enjoyed the song . It fitted well with the soft feelings in my heart. Isnt it amazing that a song in a language you do not know touches the right chord in your heart and plays the emotions. The unknown words dance around the heart and I enjoyed it 

then curiosity..what do those lyrics mean anyway?


Now the song has even more sentiment and meaning. encrypted in the melodious voice of Siavash.


whosever heart is feeling tender, in whichever part of the world, whatever language you speak, this song is for you .

PS whenever I hear DA DA, I think fondly of the play featuring Sir Antony Sher in London. It was the revival of Tom Stoppard's Travesties

Travesties is a 1974 play by Tom Stoppard. The play centres on the figure of Henry Carr, an elderly man who reminisces about Zürich in 1917 during the First World War, and his interactions with James Joyce when he was writing UlyssesTristan Tzara during the rise of Dada, and Lenin leading up to the Russian Revolution, all of whom were living in Zürich at that time.

Dada (/ˈdɑːdɑː/) or Dadaism was an art movement of the European avant-garde in the early 20th century, with early centres in Zürich, Switzerland, at the Cabaret Voltaire (c. 1916). New York Dada began c. 1915,[and after 1920 Dada flourished in Paris. Dadaist activities lasted until c. the mid 1920s.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...