samedi 13 novembre 2021

EATING IN MARRAKECH. I PROMISED TO EAT ONLY MOROCCAN FOOD DURING MY STAY AND IT WAS EASY

 I cannot imagine eating Italian food in Kuala Lumpur or Burgers in Cochin or not to indulge in khmer cuisine in Siem Reap or  not to savour the sumptuous flavours of the French cuisine in France

When I got to Marrakech, I promised my self that I will eat only Moroccan food during my stay. Each morning I would have Mesmin which is the precursor of our humble parotta of Cochin or the Roti Canai of Kuala lumpur. Fresh fruit juice galore as much as you want, made right in front of you from one of the many stalls in Djemma al Fina. Tajines and CousCous are the mainstay (I had been introduced to them in France) and of course there is always the Té Menthe.. Mint Tea..

I will look for a small restaurant preferably open to the outside where I can sit down and have a nice slow dinner. One walks every where and thus an apetite is worked up for the cooked meal.

Occasionally I would sit in a cafe and order a Cafe allonge or Cafe au lait. It is a great place to watch people and make friends with some of them.


























The last night in Marrakech I dined at Dejeneur d Marrakech owned by a French lady of Moroccan descent. The chef is Moroccan but the cuisine was exquisite and i have to say that it could compete with cuisine in the former metropole!




Marrube or Monkfish was a good choice 




There is always room for Mint Tea.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...