jeudi 11 novembre 2021

MY NEW FRIENDS IN MARRAKECH..SMILES AND HELLO AND ALWAYS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME

 If I stayed one month in the Medina of Marrakech, i am sure I will have to say Hello to hundreds of people. People remember you and of course, being a collector of stories, I am interested in what they have to say. Unlike many other tourist areas, the native people here do not make up sad and tragic tales about themselves.

A very satisfied customer at Djemma al Fina.

Fruit Juice Stall no 50. Each day I would have a Ginger Papaya drink
Yassin like his fellow countrymen always hospitable. He works at Berbere Cafe on the way to Mellah 
A great privilege to meet Bert Flint and his house/museum of his passionate work among the Afro-Berbers
Amin from the Top of the Marrakech restaurant.

Abderrehman who had a cafe near the Bahia palace wanted to offer me some coffee. A very friendly guy who spoke a smattering of Hebrew like many of the merchants here (there are quite a few Israeli tourists in Morocco these days)
Ishmael works at the RIAD58BLU. He seems to be there all the time day and night and mysteriously disappearing to his own home now and then. He told me of his three children Amin, Marwan and Kemal and his hopes for their future. A genuinely open and tolerant guy and nice to meet Muslims like him who do not believe their story is the only story.

Paolo, from Parma Italy lives in Marrakech and is the owner of this Riad. A very pleasant and accommodating host. 

Would be nice to see all of my new friends in Marrakech and make some more ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...