mardi 29 octobre 2019

LONG BEFORE OCTOBER RETURNS... A POEM BY EMILY BRONTE

I have already quoted the poem in another blog.. but today is 
29 October and tomorrow 30 October..
Both pleasant days of October
Especially this October which has been more than pleasant ..

Fort Cochin
Kuala Lumpur  
Why do I visit these places so often?
Yangon
Siem Reap 

I thought of the poem Caravansary by Alvaro Mutis 

there he was dressed as a travel agent, detained at the nefarious frontier with Nigeria, bribing the official, reciting a poem in Tagalog. Local women treasure a photo of him taken at that occasion which is believed to drive away bad spirits and menstrual cramps..

then this poem arrived:
 این قافله عمر عجب میگذرد
 In ghafeleye omr ajab migozarad
 The Caravan of lifetime goes strangely
 دریاب دمی که با طرب میگذرد
Daryab dami ke ba tarab migozarad
Be aware of the moment that passes with happiness 

I hear there is a train strike in the west of France 
A table is set for me with fresh table cloth in Siem Reap 
and my dearest friends are lighting candles paving the way for this wayward one to come and indulge in wine and food
of exquisite variety when he returns to Miami 
Someone or other is dreaming of climbing down the mountain
in eastern slopes where a revolution was fought within living memory 
all roads for me lead to San Cristobal de la Habana 
now celebrating its 500th birthday..

it is cold, it is rainy, the wind blows directly from the frigid north Atlantic 
but what does it matter 
when the heart is so warm with so much affections coming from warmer parts of this globe
My driver in Cuba said 
my heart is big but it is not big enough to hold all the affections I have for you ..
I am homeless but my brother in Haifa said 
But you have many rooms in the hearts of many people around the world 

thank you thank you thank you 
I am grateful

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...