samedi 2 novembre 2019

NICE TO HAVE A BROTHER WHO IS A GOOD TRAVEL PARTNER

I usually travel alone but occasionally do share it with someone. I have a brother who lives in USA and we get to travel occasionally and in fact it was his fascination with Asia that started off my travel trajectories to Asia.
I am in Siem Reap Cambodia today one of his favourite destinations and we have been here together three or four times.
Our first trip together was to SE Asia together, we met in Singapore and travelled to Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Vientianne and Siem Reap. Another one we met again in Singapore (he had status in United Airlines at that time) and we went to Myanmar. The trip to Santiago de Chile was followed by a visit to Santa Cruz in Bolivia with a trip to pay homage to Che Guevara at Valle Grande. Another trip was to Salvador de Bahia, Rio and Buenos Aires with a side trip to Salta and San Miguel de Tucuman, Suddenly we did not travel any more and then in 2016 we had a lovely trip together, met again in Singapore where I was waiting for him as he got off Emirates First Class journey from Los Angeles to Singapore ( using alaska airlines miles), we went to Johor Bahru (the video) and Kuala Lumpur and then to Siem Reap as well as Fort Cochin before he returned via Doha on Qatar..
I have been to Siem Reap, Kuala Lumpur and Fort Cochin many many times since then, I have not been to the place where he lives in the USA..

such is the modern life, dear friends..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...