vendredi 4 octobre 2019

QR QATAR AIRWAYS NEVER DISAPPOINTS

Am I off key to anticipate my flights on QR Qatar Airways? I look forward to my QR flights and on this morning, Madrid to Doha and then on to Cochin were no exception.
Persons responsible were the crew members:
Ting from Taiwan and Lorelei from Cebu on the first flight and Naj from Kerala on the second flight.








I clearly remember my first QR flight, IAH to DOH to CGK , soon after meeting my good friend Pak Joe from Bogor. Was it 2012? I even remember the Cabin Senior on that IAH to DOH sector, Melissa M from Malaysia! Also I met Mr AAT from Sri Lanka at the Lounge (al Mourjan lounge was not a reality at that time), who continues to be a friend. Since then I have maintained my Platinum or Gold Status on Qatar Airways, flew them more after they became part of the ONEWORLD airline alliance.



I remember meeting cabin crew from different parts of the world: Filipinos (women friendlier than men) and Indians (men friendlier than women) and a slew of other nationalities. Remarkable meetings had included Romanians (Maria with a Master's degree in Sociology), a delightful lady from S Korea (over the mountains there are mountains), Singapore, Penang, Jamaica, many from Morocco, Japan and one even from Paraguay, was Sergio? his name, but one thing always stood out, the Cabin Crew is the BEST in the world in an airline which is the BEST in the world. So many lovely people have I met over the years, enjoyed meeting them, even though I may have been just a passenger for them: Good Service, pleasant chat, brief chats about their countries. Christopher from Goa, on a flight to Miami..a lovely Filipina who went on to marry her boyfriend and set a shoe shop in Miami on a flight to Brussels, a Chinese Indonesian on a flight from Jakarta..
I always ask: how do you like working for QR?
ALWAYS, regardless of their nationality, they say: I am happy to be working for QR, that collective attitude exudes and can be felt when you are a frequent flier on QR.
I was going from LIS to COK on this day, but the direct flight from LIS to DOH on this day was not available, so I took Iberia to Madrid to connect with Qatar Airways to Doha where I met 
Lorelei from Cebu and Ting from Taiwan.
QR 150 on 777 aircraft 
at the Madrid airport I requested and changed my seat to 1 B and thus was fortunate to come under the care of Lorelei and Ting. Even the supervisor at the boarding area in Madrid, a slim morena, was efficient, I did not have a chance to greet and thank her.
The seat next to me One Alpha 1 A (there is a metaphor in this for me ) was free on this 777-300 ER, and I was in a good mood immediately. 




Even though I am a friendly enough person, there are two public spaces that I like to be silent and solitary, one of which is the front cabin in an aircraft. I cherish my privacy (except of course the crew members of QR). I usually have more than enough to read and write on my long flights.
A very perky Flight Attendant with a  slightly mischievous twinkle in her eyes appears and enquires about a pre-departure drink (champagne not yet available , she lamented, local regulations).
I liked her crystalline ancestral features immediately. The Cabin Crew are kept busy and later Lorelei joined, in her face was written the racial history of her country, a slight betrayal of their spanish past.I watched them working non-stop but with a smile on their faces, even though towards the end I could detect slight fatigue on their faces .. they were making sure that the passengers did not wont for anything to eat or drink, as we flew over Varna in Bulgaraia, Istanbul, then over Iraq and then Iran, down to the Gulf and Doha..












My desire to fly QR is almost an obsession; the journey and transit at Doha all hold charm and the feel of journeys of the travel of the golden era.
It is the BEST airline with the BEST service
Thank you, HE Akbar Al Bakr of Qatar, its CEO.
The short transit at Doha did not allow me to enjoy the lounge, Al Mourjan. the boarding area had the subcontinental ambiance with its noise and fragrances.
I had no problem being assigned the first row , seat 1 J
Doha is one of the many destinations in the Gulf region for the able bodied men from Kerala whose toil contributes to the well being not only of their families but also of the economy of Kerala.
Even at the boarding gate in Doha, you begin to feel that you had already landed in Kerala.
A male Flight attendant, very attentive and very interested in travel from Kerala was on the side where I was sitting and we had a lot of chance to talk about various things . He was very interested in travel in South America 



The arrival at Cochin Airport was painless. In my mindlessness enjoyment of QR service I had forgotten to buy wine and you do not come to Cochin without wine if you are a fervent worshipper of Bacchus! and also to soften the blow the curries of the region offer to your palate..
but the friendly manager of the hotel took care of the problem..

Off to the Bristow Lighthouse Bungalow Hotel facing the Arabian Sea in Fort Cochin.. through the chaos and confusion of Ernakulum..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...