dimanche 27 octobre 2019

THE MAGIC OCTOBER CONTINUES

-->
THE MAGIC OCTOBER CONTINUES
Today is 26th October 2019
On 26th September I was in Lisbon, Portugal catching a flight to Cochin via Doha on Qatar Airways.
This October has been sheer magic and an example of mindful living
Iran
Cochin, Kerala
Miami
Havana Cuba
And I arrived today in Quiberon, Bretagne, France.
My itinerary was Miami to Paris on American Airlines and then SNCF French railways from Paris CDG airport to Auray via Rennes.
The day before yesterday I got a note from SNCF informing me that my train had been cancelled due to industrial action and that their website might have an alternative trip for me. On browsing through their website, it was obvious that the industrial action involved maintenance workers in the very area I was travelling to and most of the trains had been cancelled. I thought of the difficulties I might face, even thought about renting a car and driving the three hundred miles.
In Miami, at the airport I was treated so well, that I jokingly said to them, I would like to complain why I am treated so well. A couple of hours at the Flagship Lounge and then boarded the flight to Paris. I was trying out their Premium Economy Cabin and to my surprise it was more than sufficient, privacy, comfortable seas and general ambiance of the area, and of course much cheaper than the Business Class.
On arrival at the Paris airport, I walked briskly, every minute counted I thought, and a brusque negresse gave me the possibilities of a voyage the same day. Which one of these journeys are the best, I asked this daughter of Antilles, she continued her haughtiness: It is up to you. I said I will go to Paris and she was kind enough to give a ticket which I could use to get to the main train station at Montparnasse.
A change into Metro at Denfort-Rochereau, hurried up the stairs to the departure area of the trains. It was 1058 am. I had the presence of mind to look at the display and it said. 1059 special train to Auray, exactly the place I wanted to reach. The Guard was ready to whistle to let the train leave and when he saw me rushing, he said.. get on get on.. and as soon I was inside the train left..
The train was full, there was no one to ask any questions. I just sat there, no wifi on this train, so couldn’t use my waze app to see where I was.. then I fell asleep and when I woke up we were speeding through Rennes station and within two and half hours of leaving Montparnasse the train made its first stop, the very station I needed to go. It was 140 pm and there was a bus leaving for Quiberon my destination at 150 pm..
Even if there were forces involved behind these, they couldn’t have arranged it any better.. I arrived at my destination 4-6 hours ahead of schedule and perhaps I might not have reached Quiberon at all.. knowing the situation, school holidays, weekend and the French love to take train journeys and many of these booked out weeks ahead.
The Magic
It was as if a web was knit with pure affections I had received from Iran, Cuba and the Indigenous peoples and now Quiberon, had knit something that connected me to magical places and people and events… and Buddhist Monk, Gifts from Iran, wonderful connection to the indigenous people, and my Cuban and British Jamaican sisters.. and the multiple people who were at the hotels, restaurants, airports making sure that my days went by pleasantly…
What do you call this? Happiness? Contentment? Satisfaction? Mindfulness?
To make everything sweeter, SNCF sent me an email to say that they would refund my train fare. I thought, I had spent some money buying gifts for Iran and this was almost like. Reimbursement..

During this month, I have felt an incredible amount of affections from my friends in various parts of the world
USA. Miami,  Havana Cuba. Fort Cochin Kerala
And lovely service on QR. etc etc the list goes on and on ..




featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...