dimanche 8 janvier 2023

SFAX FISH RESTAURANT IN THE HEART OF TUNIS RUE LE CAIRE

 On my first ever visit to Tunis, I was told of rue Le Caire with restaurants and when i went there, i was more than pleased that they were all SFAXIENNE, denoting their connection with the town of Sfax..

I wasted no time to head to Rue Le Caire right in the heart of Tunis and at the entrance of the restaurant Neptune was none other than the employee who has been there ever since the establishment opened 50 years ago ..

where have you been, he asked me ? not pertaining to my travel destination but the time it has taken me to return to the restaurant.



Why dont you try some Red Mullets fresh from the sea ?

he suggested. 

I would have preferred dorade grille.. but i took his suggestion.

The dish comes with couscous, also condiments which can be harissa and aubergine paste and olives and a small green salad





In the same street there are some other restaurants and i wanted to try another one the next day 



I have been eating mainly fish, so this night (why is this night different from all other nights ?) I ordered a CousCous Agneaux and it was well worth it. This is not fine dining but it is much better than the hundreds of fast food, pizza, schwarma places at Centre Ville de Tunis..

The name of the Restaurant was Resto La Caire.

The third restaurant was Nile Restaurant (Nile? isnt that in another country, but still sfaxienne)

Very pleasant waiter and it is so good that how we can communicate with little bit of the different languages at our disposal




That meal of dorade grille avec couscous and the eggplant paste was tasty. I eyed at Cafe Said opposite and how good to finish off this meal with a nice coffee ?  Dorade is Bream 




Are you Mr Said I asked the youthful older man, and he joyously said Yes I am   obviament en francais

Needless to say my cafe Direct tasted good ..

I am glad to have discovered Rue Le Caire..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...