vendredi 27 janvier 2023

WHERE ARE YOU FROM ORIGINALLY? WHAT IS YOUR NATIONALITY ?

 This is a question I have heard all my life. The divergence of my body (asian) and mind (post renaissance Europe) and soul (indigenous) confuses many who are used to the strict norms of conformity in this world changing at a rapid rate.

Today a carpenter working at the house where I am staying in Miami, asked me ? what are you ?

this occured to me , why not ?

I am 1/3 French

1/3 Cuban 

1/3 Miamian 

based approximately on the time I spend in each of these places 

While I have no special feelings for Miami, I hold my years at Jackson Memorial Hospital as a Fellow in Endocrinology. Plus I like the fact that it is well connected to the Other America to the south which afforded me to visit every country except Nicaragua and Paraguay 

Cuba and I share a very special relationship. I am happy to say Havana is a moveable feast and like wedding vows whether they were meant or not, I accept Cuba with its fault and its memories 

France is a new love even though it came with a hurricane force wind into my life in 2006, June 24 to be exact.

But I would like to remind you 

I am 4/4 Jewish! and that does not change.

PS thanks to many other countries that gave me citizenships and education and lots and lots of love 

Australia 

USA 

Malaysia 

Jamaica 

England 

Sweden 

so.. on your next trip to Sahara 


if you meet a vaguely familiar face wearing 

daraa and tagelmusts essentials for nomads

you may have run into the Jewish Maqroll.

especially he tells you he has a camel for you at wholesale price! or offers you camel milk which has been shown to reduce Insulin resistance ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...