vendredi 6 janvier 2023

CAFE CORSE ON LENIN STREET IN THE CENTRE OF TUNIS NOT FAR FROM AVE HABIB BOURGUIBA

As soon as I was ready to leave the hotel, my first destinatinm in Tunis was Cafe Corse on rue Lénine...

Each time I am in Tunis, I make a point to drop in here, mostly to say HELLO to the owner who has a very interesting taste in music..an upscale music to the usual cafe music which he streams while we enjoy a cafe and something else like a croissant.. 

Most of the time, the café is half full, young people, usually in mixed group and smoking .. and they stay there for long time and the owner, a humble man, goes about his business with a big smile 

He was so happy to see me as i entered the cafe , he came over to shake my hands firmly and give me a hug ..

Haunting Flamenco music was on ..


I always like a cafe to call my own, where I can sit and read .. regardless of which continent or which country .. Paris and Buenos Aires are great café cities.. Buenos Aires publishes books about its cafés.. and I have been to a few .. not just the touristic Café Tortoni which is well worth a visit..

Cafe Hoche in Quiberon will always have a special significance for me. Ricky's cafe in Kendall..El Arca de Noe in La Rampa in Havana.. Leticia has my own favourite place for a Tinto..the list goes on and on ..

Today I am in Tunis, I was happy to walk along Rue Lénine to my favourite café.. CAFE CORSE


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...