dimanche 16 août 2020

I WILL NOT MISS YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE, SAID LA PETITE POETE DE COTE SAUVAGE

 The book was given as a gift.

I was about to go to Malaysia for a visit.

I was a freshly minted graduate doctor in the halls of a hospital in Melbourne.

I was at a bookstore in Carlton, said Dr J, here is a gift for you .

It was a book of poems by Pablo Neruda 

El versos del capitan, a bilingual edition which now has travelled many times around the world and I annotated and wrote in it. I remember reading it as I sat alone at a beach in Maldives..Thursday Island..Miami 


Under a street light in Gordon Town in Jamaica. There are many poems in that book that I love and each poem brings me back to some fragrance

One such poem is If You forget me 



If you forget me, please do not look for me 

For I would have already forgotten you.


The fragrances of emotions, not the bitterness that may have exist among people, stays in your heart, even after many years.

La petite poete de Cote Sauvage one said to me 

I will not miss you when you leave 

How can I miss you when you are in my heart all the time ..


Today I tracked down the little poet with whom I have not spoken in a while, she is travelling around with her family in some distant part of France.


In Baracoa, my closest friend, who calls me Director because of our magical creation : International School of Kisses, says

You are not leaving us, I am taking you with me in my heart.


The days are not the same

the rain is falling to clean the earth

as Indians say, the earth needs the cleaning of the pollution human beings have put there 

My heart is not polluted but this rain cleans the heart 

as my brother is cleaning the house while I sit here and write this


the spirits are everywhere 

they do not leave you because they do not belong to you 

they come rushing to you when you need them 

and then fly away


a heart which is sensitized to a series of soft emotions 

would remain open 

another breeze from the park 

might bring another feelings disguised as something or another 

this weekend has been such a wonderful weekend 

feelings thoughts and emotions 

cuba brasil indians france asia israel all dancing in my heart 

someone is knocking at the door and I must let them in 

I do not know what message they are carrying


yes and the messenger led me to 


things happen without a notice

it was waiting for an anniversary that did it 

As always celebrate nothing, it will end up with no meaning 

Leave the cakes to the children 


I will now light two candles and an incense ..

and be grateful for this fantastic weekend of emotions that brought the fragrance of forests and ginger....









featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...