lundi 24 août 2020

JE SUIS UN JUIF MIZRAHI. IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO, I AM HERE ...

 Here we are in Miami where the worst thing is the vitriol of the local and national politicians.

I think 

of the winds hitting the fragile houses and farms of Pinar del Rio in Cuba as I write this and the fear of the people in Louisiana to Texas awaiting the hurricane 

we have been spared here in Miami.

In Cochin, they are afraid to go out .

My favourite hotel is closed and I am dying to board Qatar Airways to go anywhere ..

what is my suffering compared to those whom I love in so many parts of the world 

The lady who squeezes juices and sell them for a dollar by the river in Siem Reap ? I cant even call her to console her ..

The sun is rising over the ruined temples of Angkor and the hundreds of tuk tuk drivers await another day of hunger 

while I sit here sipping my wine

We in the west are heartless 

we mourn the loss of convenience 

they mourn the hunger that has eradicated their appetite 


Come to me, I will hold your hands 

The next time I see you, I would double my warmth for you 

the shopkeepers of Fort Cochin who cant even pronounce my name 

I am with you brothers and sisters, my heart is there for you and my tears accompany yours 

the pregnant woman whose husband is awaiting repatriation in Kuwait 

simple pleasures taken away from simple people , this is injustice, you cruel covid

No Mullah No Priest No Rabbi No Imam can justify or find a sentence in their sacred books 

throw out your starched white clothes and hats and share your food, Halal or not, with the poor people, your people, in Yemen or Indonesia or Sudan or Morocco..




I will be there where I am needed , you can look for my hands and you would find it..

Je suis un juif mizrahi

I am like Enrico Macias 

who had to leave his country 

he was forced out , I left to explore 

pero somos judios, siempre buscando lugares donde nos podemos ayudar otros .. siempre 

como decia nuestra comandante .. 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...