vendredi 7 août 2020

Muito Obrigado. Cesaria Evora ..

It is 4 pm on a Friday in Miami and the sun is still strong .

It was 4 pm on a week day, at Pont street in London, I had put the kettle on to make a cup of tea and the same song came on as it is now playing on Spotify.

 

Miss Perfumada. By Cesaria Evora

I love it now as much as I did when I heard it for the first time when I was studying Anthropology in London

 

Thank you, Cesaria for all these years of listening pleasure and continuing. You will not be forgotten until all the people who had loved you had been forgotten too..


Miss Perfumado

Miss Perfumado
Dixa'm morrê ta sonhá
Na sombra di odjo magoado
Duma pequena gentil
Di corpo perfumado
Assim dixa'm môrré ô flor
Na sombra di bô odjinho
Dixa'm morré ta sonhá
Assim cuma pomba na sê ninho
Si pomba

AND IN ENGLISH 
Let me die dreaming
Under the vigil of sad eyes
Of a kind young lady
With a sweet-scented body
Let me die in this way, my flower
Under the shade of your gentle little eyes
Let me die dreaming
Like a dove into her nest
If the dove is happy in her nest
So am I, under the look
And the caresses from
This sweet-scented miss




featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...