lundi 24 août 2020

MANHA DE CARNAVAL MY LOVE FOR BRASIL STARTED WITH THIS SONG

 Sometimes you hear a song that becomes imbedded in your memory, forever.

I heard this song, while watching a Brasilian movie to an empty theatre many years ago in Brighton cinema. 

I have listened to this song, thousands of times, in all limes and latitudes.

I can never be sad when I listen to this song ..

Manha De Carnaval


Morning, so beautiful morning
Manhã, tão bonita manhã

In life, a new song
Na vida, uma nova canção

Singing only your eyes
Cantando só teus olhos

Your laughter, your hands
Teu riso, tuas mãos

For there will be a day
Pois há de haver um dia
Where will you come
Em que virás

Of the strings of my guitar
Das cordas do meu violão

That only your love sought
Que só teu amor procurou

A voice comes
Vem uma voz

Talk about lost kisses
Falar dos beijos perdidos

On your lips
Nos lábios teus
Sing my heart
Canta o meu coração

Joy has returned
Alegria voltou

So happy the morning
Tão feliz a manhã

Of this love
Deste amor




featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...