mardi 9 juin 2020

MOON OVER THE AMAZON

Puerto Narino in the Colombian Amazonia is a planned village.The town was founded on 1961 August 18 by a doctor named Jose Humberto Espejo Hernandez. It is an ecological municipality in that it is completely pedestrian, no cars, no motorcycles and predominantly indigenous, Ticuna tribe being the main tribe living with other tribes in the region.
i have been fortunate enough to visit Puerto Narino at least twice. On my first trip on the fast boat from Leticia, a two hour journey, a french tourist guide informed me that a professor of Music lived there part time and was from Cuba! 
There was also a Cuban doctor who had been sent there by the Cuban government, who has since gone back.
I had the proper introduction on my next visit when I accompanied a Ticuna friend.
While Leticia has been ravaged by the Covid19 virus, Puerto Narino has been largely spared. Last night my Cuban friend sent me the picture of Full Moon over the Amazon..
I wish the residents of Puerto Narino well and that you come out of this pandemic healthy in the body and spirit and that I can come again to visit you ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...