dimanche 7 juin 2020

AFTER TEN WEEKS OF HOME ISOLATION, THE FIRST BREATH OF NATURE MIAMI




























THE REMARKABLE LIFE OF DR. FAIRCHILD 
I had read two about and by him and had visited many of the places he had been and thought of the time he travelled in those climes and brought back specimens and also cotton so that USA would be much more plant diverse.

David Grandison Fairchild (April 7, 1869 – August 6, 1954) was an American botanist and plant explorer. Fairchild was responsible for the introduction of more than 200,000 exotic plants and varieties of established crops into the United States, including soybeans, pistachios,] mangosnectarinesdatesbamboos, and flowering cherries. Certain varieties of wheat, cotton, and rice became especially economically important.


this cover photo had intrigued me always and many years later my good friend Pak Joe of Bogor arranged for me to spend an afternoon at the Bogor Botanical Gardens.



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...