mardi 9 avril 2019

THE MAGIC OF MEXICO ... WITH THE ADDED PLEASURE OF A MESSAGE FROM JIDDU KRISHNAMURTHY

I had fallen in love with Mexico, while I was a student in Miami, and that has continued to this day.
I had extended my stay in Mexico for another day, without realizing that the book Flames of Attention by JK would bring me a friend from Cathay.
I had been busy discussing some scientific matters of interest with my colleague and friend EDD. 

He is a true gentleman. He is Cuban and has been living in Mexico City for the past twenty years, recently joined by two other scientist-investigators, one doing a PhD and the other doing some post-PhD research.
We had a Cuban style dinner together and I spent considerable amount of time with EDD who explained his research and I was thinking how I could use that information to help the Indians that i work with in North America.
This is the second time I am staying at Hampton Inn at the Centro Historico and they afforded me a very warm welcome and generously upgraded me to a spacious suite, which I enjoyed during my three days stay there.
At breakfast, an intriguing traveller from Shanghai, shared some information about JK and we had a lovely talk together.

I had always looked forward to eating well in Mexico, but this time it was a disappointment.











The streets are lined with small cafeterias which serve incredibly ordinary food. I fondly think of the great dinners I have had with my colleague and friends Drs Estela and the Kickapoo sister Sylvia in Muzquiz or Piedras Negras in Coahuila. While Puerto Vallarta has gained attention as a Foodie destination, there are great restaurants in Mexico City, the everyday food is neither healthy nor tasty.








I had a delightful day at Teoteohuacan, the site of the pyramids. It was nice to learn more about this site (this is my third visit, but the last one was over ten years ago) which is Pre-Aztec but we do not know about the builders of the Pyramid of the Sun which is the third biggest pyramid in the world.
I felt so good being here, felt the presence of the spirits and wished my friend a good journey on the path she has chosen.
Before the sunset, wanted to stop by the Basilica of Guadelupe, the patron saint of Mexico, La Morenita, the brown one, as the pilgrims call her.
I wanted to pray for the welfare of my sister and her daughter and son; for the wellness of LBGS's mother ..
So there was a reason why I stayed an extra day in Mexico City. It all felt good and everything fell into place and the heart was very content.




I left the hotel around 8 am, the Uber ride to the airport was pleasant, a nice stay at a Priority Pass Lounge where they offered a free foot massage. As I was walking towards the departure gate, the lady at the Body Shop offered a facial and I truly enjoyed the miniature version of facial, with products from Body Shop
Arrived after 2h 30 minutes to Miami after crossing some rough weather. From the minute we came out of the aircraft to the time I called for Uber from the Kerbside was a mere 9 minutes: that is all it took for me to clear the Immigration and walk about the Customs area. Thank you TSA..

This was my second trip this year to Mexico City and this one was special indeed ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...