dimanche 14 avril 2019

APRIL 14, 2019 . HAPPY NEW YEAR TO SO MANY PEOPLE IN SO MANY LANDS

It is perhaps our eurocentric leanings that we tend to emphasize the european-christian new year (distinct even from the orthodox new year celebrated in certain slavic countries).
Today is April 14, 2019
I got a message from a Nepali friend of mine in Doha that is their New Year.
Soon a message arrived from Kuala Lumpur to say that today is Tamil New Year.
i knew that my friends in Thailand and Myanmar were celebrating their new years.
I did not realize that Malayalees of Kerala would be celebrating theirs..


I was in Siem Reap once when singers and dancers came forward and smeared my face with ash on a New Years Day. I remember being in Cochin for a New Year but I thought it was called ONAM, perhaps this New Year is a cultural new year for the Hindou people?
I am very fond of Tamoul people, so it is a double pleasure to wish them happy New Year . in Tamil Nadoo, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Paris and elsewhere.


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...