samedi 27 avril 2019

HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY TO MY LATEST PASSPORT .. TIME TO RENEW

I began travelling alone earlier in life than most people. I had always had the travel sensation imbedded in my heart even when I was in school. I began travelling the minute I could, I have always travelled for the pleasure of travelling and of course once I became a Physician Anthropologist, i was no longer a visitor or a tourist but someone who could combine lived in experiences with deep friendships in each of the countries that I visited.
My newest passport,which has additional pages, celebrated its second birthday just a couple of days ago. I need to get a new passport as I plan to travel in the coming days to :

Colombia 
Cuba
USA
Myanmar
Malaysia 
Cambodia 

In the following picture essay, of no interest to anyone but me the monotony of the stamps and the lack of ornate visas which used to be the norm are seen. Even Myanmar has abolished all the rules and when you arrive you are just given a stamp, no more an ornate visa. I look fondly at the BENIN visa issued to me in Havana, and visas which used to take the entire pages.. Lately it is rare for a visa to take up one page: Cambodia still takes one page..
Here is a boring travelogue:





















 Was I reading the excellent historical book on Jerusalem by Simone Sebag Montefiore? when i was photographing these pages?
Was I on my way to Easter Island from London via Madrid (this leg on Iberia, nothing special) when I took these photos of the pages of my passport ?
Time to memorize yet another passport number,expiry date etc...

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...