dimanche 7 avril 2019

CHANCE FAVOURS THE PREPARED MIND . CASUALIDAD ES NO TAN CASUAL SAY THE INDIANS


I am travelling.
In Mexico, a visually challenging day with Cuban memories.
Late in the evening, arrived at the hotel
Warm welcomes at these transient places always please me.

Moments like these, which are many, in abandoned railway stations or dimly lit airports, I live in my world, never feeling solitary

Here is an excerpt of a poem
Silentium
Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev
(translation by Vladimir Nabokov)


Live in your inner self alone:
within your soul a world has grown,
the magic of veiled thoughts that might
be blinded by the outer light,
drowned in the noise of day, unheard...
take in their song -- and speak no word.

It resonates well
Be responsible for your feelings
Happiness needs no outer source
All you need, you have already
Within yourself

I am reminded
Who taught me this poem, I cannot remember
Was the poet laureate of Baracoa, the one who walks with a grin as big as a begonia?

Here is an excerpt from the poem by Thiago de Mello Brasil

Decreta-se que nada será obrigado nem proibido
It is decreed that nothing will be obligatory or banned.
Tudo será permitido,
Everything will be permitted,
inclusive brincar com os rinocerontes
even playing with rhinoceroses 
e caminhar pelas tardes 
and walking in the afternoons
com uma imensa begônia na lapela. 
with an immense begonia in the lapel.

Parágrafo único: 
Só uma coisa fica proibida: amar sem amor. 
Only one thing is prohibited: to love without love.

Why am I saying all these?
I am constantly shifting spaces
But do not suffer from the lack of this impermanence

Feel comforted to be at this hotel so close to the zocalo
Where the ghosts of the Indians murdered bark at the tourists in their nightmares

The night had fallen
Dropped a good friend, Cuban, off at the National Institute.
Thank you Uber
Arrived at the hotel
Thinking of a bath and rest

The elevator door opens
An Asian lady gets in front of me
She looks at the scarf of mine and makes a pleasant remark
It is from India I say
I could see her face brightening up a little
The door opens at Floor 2

Intuitively I say to her
Let us meet for breakfast at 8 30 am tomorrow morning
She smiles
I carry on with the elevator to my floor.

American Indian teachers of mine
Had taught me
You meet people that you need to meet
Don’t look for them
They cross your path
This encounter was no exception

The Breakfast..
is when Jiddu Krishnamurti arrives
carrying some very pleasant gifts

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...