samedi 9 mai 2020

THE NIGHT OF FULL MOON, TENDER AND RAW EMOTIONS AND SAUDADE

During these days of tranquility and silence, I have been able to experience solitude and emotions in their rawest form. Emotions so raw and tender that tears flow.
While cities of Nights and Lights are now silent and dark
I am overcome by the incredible power of music. It is universal because it is coming from all parts of the world, but the sensations are the same. They touch the same parts of your heart.
Here are some of the songs I listened this evening, as the moon was climbing up the sky, in its Spring glory.
The
I thank the singer, the mournful voice.
Who was she?
When I read about her, it was I who became sad.
A woman who crossed cultures Lhasa cut so short of her life.
A younger voice and another one, mature, representing the hopes and aspirations of the young IRAN
Ebi lives in Los Angeles, I think. Shadmehr Aghili has also left Iran and lives in LA. 
How sad must be their hearts to leave their homelands behind and their inspirations.

Jacob Gurevitch is Danish and his music appeals to every one, with a strong spanish flavour to it. This song, Lovers in Paris, isnt that the dream of every one to have a lover in Paris or be with your lover in Paris. I enjoyed the multiple times I crossed the Pont Neuf and thought of Les Amants de Pont Neuf. It is a lovely city to miss.

Ernest Hemingway thought of Paris as Moveable Feast. Having lived both in Paris and La Habana, my moveable feast is La Habana.
So how nice to listen to Faramaz Aslani with Babak Amani play their song in Havana!
The song is called YAR 
Here are the lyrics in Persian and English ..It is far more beautiful in Persian (a culture I adore but do not speak the language)


Yar - یار
سفر کردم که یابم بلکه یارم را
نجستم یار و گم کردم دیارم را
نجستم یار و گم کردم دیارم را

از آن روزی که من بار سفر بستم
به هر جایی که رفتم در به در هستم
به هر جایی که رفتم در به در هستم

فراموشم مکن من یار دیرینه ام
بیا خالیست جای تو به بالینم
تو را در خوابهای خویش میبینم

در آغوشم بگیر از خود رهایم کن
گرفتار سکوتم من صدایم کن
میان روزهای خویش جایم کن

Friend
I traveled, maybe I found my friend
I didnt find any friend and lost my land
I didnt find any friend and lost my land

Since that day I prepared for trip
Where ever I went , I am homeless
Where ever I went , I am homeless

Font forget me, I am an old friend
Come, you are missed beside me
I see you in my dreams

Hug me, and free me from myself
I am the prisoner of silence, call me
Fit me in the good days

I also listened to Tango tonight..
Astor Piazzola  who had been dead for many years when my association with Buenos Aires began.
I remember when I heard  Vuelvo al Sur, sung by that inimitable Roberto Goyeneche with the magican bandeneon of Piazzola.
I was watching a movie called SUR , at an art movie theatre in Coral Gables Florida 
Gotan Project, KOOP all have contributed to the emotion of that song for me.
I wanted to hear Libertango of Piazzola tonight and was rewarded with Russian and German productions of that song. Grateful.

You can imagine the state of my heart by now. I am enjoying my solitude. I had started re reading L'alchimiste, it is like a perfect accompaniment to the wine of music..

Then I re discovered this short dutch video and I cried throughout its duration. It had greater poignancy at this time, when hugs and kisses of loved ones are out of bounds.  Let us hope that very soon, I too will be reunited /united with my loved ones, like the little girl in the video.


and if you ever have been a lover, you will recognize this city below

 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...