samedi 9 mai 2020

ALL BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE

It was a clear morning. I was running a little late, driving from the house where I stay, while I am in the Reservation of the Indians. I was there to assist in their efforts to combat chronic diseases.
The drive to the clinic was a short one, I knew who would be waiting for me, so I rushed to get to the clinic.
As expected, PM, my teacher was sitting in the room as I entered.
He greeted me in the usual polite way of the Indians. As I sat down, he asked me:
Doctor, did you drive over here this morning ?
Yes, I did.
What did you see, Doctor?
I was taken aback.
He respectfully looks down (looking at your eyes is considered a sign of lack of respect)
Did you see the beautiful blue skies, Doctor?
Did you see the collection of the clouds, Doctor?
Did you see the beautiful eagle circling above as you turned into the clinic?
I was ashamed, as I said No to each of his queries.
What a pity, doctor, he continued in his gentle way.
All the beautiful things in our lives are free, but only for those who take time to see them
It also gives us a chance to be grateful.

My Indian teacher
Who imparted wisdom to me.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...