jeudi 28 mai 2020

CLUB HETEROCLITE IS OPEN FOR MEMBERSHIP , IF YOU QUALIFY THERE ARE NO ANNUAL DUES

CLUB HETEROCLITE IS OPEN FOR MEMBERSHIP: PLEASE SEE IF YOU QUALIFY

I take pride in my language, even though I am not very good at its grammar, but good at the spelling and its vagaries and nuances. Because of the enormous number of words in the language, a most descriptive one if there is one, I try to learn a new word each day. Assisted by Sr. Anu Garg, an Indian linguist? Lexicographer based in Seattle and every morning I would like to see whether I know the word he is talking about. Sometimes YES and Sometimes NO
This morning’s word brought the language close to my heart. I took it so much that when I am Siem Reap or Yangon next, I will get a Business Card printed thus:
Dr Y….K
MD MsC MS FRAI(London)
HETEROCLITE
Now to explain what the word means,  I will leave it up to Sr. Anu Garg. How it applies to me, I may tell you .

A.Word.A.Day
with Anu Garg

heteroclite
PRONUNCIATION:
(HET-uhr-uh-klyt) 

MEANING:
noun:
1. A person who is unconventional; a maverick.

2. A word that is irregularly formed.
adjective:
1. Deviating from the ordinary rule; eccentric.

2. (In grammar) Irregularly inflected.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin heteroclitus, from Greek heteroklitos, from hetero- (different) + klinein (to lean, inflect). Ultimately from the Indo-European root klei- (to lean), which also gave us decline, incline, recline, lean, client, climax, and ladder. Earliest documented use: 1580.

THE DEFINITIONS I LIKE
NOUN.   A PERSON WHO IS UNCONVENTIONAL
ADJ.        DEVIATING FROM THE ORDINARY RULE

Dr. Pincus one of my teachers in Melbourne, said to me, you stand out like a sore thumb and would make others feel uncomfortable, with the way you think and live. I was being slightly unconventional at that time, in that I refused to contribute to the general trend of bucking to the conservative medical authorities so that I can have an easy path up ..

So Heteroclites of the world, Let us go our own ways..
Seems to be strange writing after watching a video about the cyclical nature of compulsiveness of human mind that leads to misery, where the Heteroclites would follow their consciousness in a straight forward path…


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...