mardi 26 mai 2020

WHAT ALL HAPPENS IN THE COURSE OF A DAY

I became aware of both masculine and feminine sides of both sexes very early on life, in heterosexual people. 
When in medical school, you could see the faculty, masculine and feminine, with their dominant sides, choosing specific specialties. Most paediatricians were women, not because their "mother instinct" but because they care. Masculine dominance was seen in specialties that were in "doing" specialties, such as many of the surgical fields.Sensitive men went into the thinking specialties, such as Neurology, Endocrinology, Genetics. 

I notice that my playlist over the years reflected a feminine sensitivity. I listen to this song at least once a day.
Every time I listen to a singer, I would like to know more about the singer. I was heartbroken to learn about Lhasa de Sela who is singer in the above video.
The Mexican-American singer-songwriter Lhasa de Sela, who has died aged 37 of breast cancer, created three extraordinary albums over the course of 12 years. She achieved fame more by word of mouth than through the media, but won various awards, including the Québécois Félix in 1997, a Canadian Juno in 1998 and a BBC award for world music in 2005.

Such is Life, my friends..
look at others who are in my playlist

Pauline Croze.  French
Hindi Zahra.     Moroccan. French
Rupa and the April Fishes        San Francisco. India
Yasmin Levy.    Israel.  Andalucia 
Bia                       Bresil France Quebec
Michelle Gurevich.      Canada. Eastern European Jewish
Ajda Pekkan       Turkiye
Oum                     Morocco 

Iran and Israel
Flamenco
Tango 
Cabo Verde
are all regulars

Carlos Libedinsky.  Argentina  Tango   originator of Narcotango

Cape Verdean
Joaquim Paris
Papa Joaquim Paris
Bocê dam licença d'um hora e meia
Pam bá tchorá Fernande
Oh Fernande, nha primer amor

Futsera d'Ribera d'Janela
Ta cmê na gót, ta cmê na catchor
Canta mar qué pam squerme
Nha Fernandine, nha primer amor

Joaquim Paris
Father Joaquim Paris, will you please excuse me
For one and a half hour
So I can go an cry for Fernando
Oh Fernando my first love

Witches from Ribeira de Janela1
They curse cats, curse dogs
Why wouldn't they curse
My sweet Fernandinho, my first love

·       1.Ribeira de Janela is a location in St. Antao Island

as always, Le Diva Les  pieds Nus., present 
WHAT ALL HAPPENS IN THE COURSE OF A DAY
I TAKE PABLO NERUDA'S ADVICE SERIOUS TO MY HEART 

This poem is a great reminder of how precious life is. As Neruda writes, “joy in all things, in what falls and what flourishes.” Enjoy life, appreciate its beauty, and know that it takes just one moment for everything to change.
—Vicki Genna

How much happens in a day
 
In the course of a day we shall meet one another.
But, in one day, things spring to life—
they sell grapes in the street,
tomatoes change their skin,
the young girl you wanted
never came back to the office.
They changed the postman suddenly.
The letters now are not the same.
A few golden leaves and it’s different;
this tree is now well off.
Who would have said that the earth
with its ancient skin would change so much?
It has more volcanoes than yesterday,
the sky has brand-new clouds,
the rivers are flowing differently.
Besides, so much has come into being!
I have inaugurated hundreds
of highways and buildings,
delicate, clean bridges
like ships or violins.
And so, when I greet you
and kiss your flowering mouth,
our kisses are other kisses,
our mouths are other mouths.
Joy, my love, joy in all things,
in what falls and what flourishes.
Joy in today and yesterday,
the day before and tomorrow.
Joy in bread and stone,
joy in fire and rain.
In what changes, is born, grows,
consumes itself, and becomes a kiss again.
Joy in the air we have,
and in what we have of earth.
When our life dries up,
only the roots remain to us,
and the wind is cold like hate.
Then let us change our skin,
our nails, our blood, our gazing;
and you kiss me and I go out
to sell light on the roads.
Joy in the night and the day,
and the four stations of the soul.

(this poem for some good friends who remind me to live well today
N in Cologne, K in Linz, P in Sri Racha and Luna in Dali)
  

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...