mercredi 20 mai 2020

OVER THE RAINBOW IN HAWAII. HAPPY BIRTHDAY IZ

Israel Kamakawiwo’ole


The islands of Hawaii played an important part in my life at certain stage of intellectual growth. I was torn between the native people of USA and the native people of Australia to continue my work and on my repeated visits to the island of Hawaii , I thought that would be an ideal place as it was half way between Australia and USA.
Also had the great pleasure of meeting some Native activists including Kawaipune and also the doctor Kekuni and found life in Hilo to be very agreeable. At that time there was an FM station in Hilo that played Hawaiian music all the time.
That is where I heard the voice of Israel IZ Kamakawiwo'ole..

Today is his birth anniversary

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...