samedi 25 avril 2020

SIXTY DAYS WITHOUT A FLIGHT: UNUSUAL BUT UNDERSTANDABLE

Sixty days ago, I arrived in Miami on a flight, and took Share Ride Uber to my sisters house and I have not been back to the airport since.
I had to cancel
two trips to Cuba
One trip to San Francisco
One trip to Europe 
One trip to Asia 
An unexpected visit to Bonn
An exciting reunion in Budapest
How quickly has the new normal set in . Day in, day out, you are at home and the change in lifestyle is dramatic. yet, I do not complain, I do not physically miss my travels (Hot towel and Clear champagne, when boarding Qatar Airways), not am I looking into destinations.
Fortunately my sister in Miami cooks well, so does my sister in Havana, so I have not missed visits to restaurants..
Would that lifestyle of non-stop travel ever be back? 
This isolation has accustomed me to staying in one place and I thought in my future travels I will stay in one place longer.
What are the places I plan to travel, as soon as it becomes safer to travel?
For some reason, I want to return to Rapa Nui.
 Of course, the first trip would be back to La Habana, Cuba!

When can our little get togethers resume ?
Another priority trip is to Quiberon in Brittany.
The beach at Quiberon during the Lockdown period in France. 
The other places
Kuala Lumpur
Siem Reap
Cochin
Doha
Fort Cochin with the Chinese Fishing Nets brought there by Admiral of Seven Seas Zheng He.
I think of my friends in Doha, Qatar.
I have made so many friends in Siem Reap, Cambodia and they must be suffering as they rely on tourism for a living.
I have noticed a wonderful change in my life since October 5, 2019
 Always Qatar Airways ...
Kuala Lumpur has always given me good friends..

I have already a ticket booked from Miami to SF and then connect to SQ to Singapore and then to Kuala Lumpur..

Things can change so much so quickly.. So living each day and each day brings some surprise or other..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...