jeudi 16 avril 2020

SAUDADE POR QATAR AIRWAYS

It was a nice day in August 2012, when I left the reservation of the UmonHon Indians in the USA and flew from Houston to Doha, connecting to Jakarta. 
It was my flight with Qatar Airways and ever since then I have been faithful to Qatar Airways.
At that I held IK status with United and Platinum with Air France, both those loyalties have bit the dust because of their directions of treating their passengers, especially Air France. ah well..
Qatar now going into the 8th year of our relationship and have always held Elite status on QR.
I have become familiar with Doha their hub and have made friends inside and outside the airport, some of them from that first trip in 2012.
I have flown Qatar airways multiple times. To asia: I have flown into Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta
In India: my destination has always been Cochin. In Sri Lanka, Colombo.
In the Middle East/Arabic countries: Cairo, Alexandria, Casablanca, Amman (to go to Tel Aviv)
In Europe: Larnaca, Paris, Brussels, London. Stockholm. Madrid, Barcelona
in the USA: JFK Chicago Houston Dallas Washington Miami

The last flight on QR was Cochin to Doha to Paris 
I think of the hundreds of flight attendants I have met over the years : the large proportion of Filipinas Indians Romanians and then from other countries Eritrea Jamaica Kenya, even Paraguay, Mauritius....

I have made such good friends in the last 8 years of my relationship with Qatar Airways and then Qatar itself and especially the staff at Marriott Marquis Hotel in Doha.

I look forward to flying with you as soon as it is feasible to fly. this is the first time since I left Medical school that I have been in one place for one month without flying ..

that is too long ... 

In any case I am hoping that world aviation would normaliize by the end of June and I have already a ticket booked to go to Kuala Lumpur and then Siem Reap and then to Cochin.
From Cochin to Europe with a stop over in Doha...
Let us hope this much anticipated journey comes true..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...