mercredi 1 août 2018

NO INTERNET, ANXIETY OVERRIDES THE BEAUTY AROUND YOU


how tethered we have become to the Internet and in many cases to Social Media?
Here I am sitting facing a fast flowing river in southern Sri Lanka. It is late in the evening when the day in the Americas begin and my friends come alive. As is normal, we enter our daily lives and internet has become an integral part of it, whether it is for work, business, social work or life. You expect photos and news of your dear ones, wait to hear from news from your work and also confirmation of dinners to come in the near future.


Just one snag… the Internet is slow here that connecting is not an option but a secondary possibility. Opening a page can take ages..
The point is, all of us a sudden our appreciation of the beauty around diminishes and the urgency is about contacting people who wish they were here to enjoy the river and its beauty.
This is what mindfulness teaches you, be aware of where you are, and the present moment.
Right now, the internet is slow.. very slow
But I am near the river, the tropical nights are warm, I have a roof over my head, my stomach is not demanding more food..
So enjoy this moment ..


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...