dimanche 19 août 2018

LOVES AND AFFECTIONS IN LA HABANA

 Enjoying a quiet moment in my flat before the guests start arriving.
 It is always good to have my Cuban mother present.
 I had prepared for a dinner for 7, but two other guests arrived but we had enough. We laughed so much this night!
 Two recent medical graduates, both 23 years old, begin their Internship year on 20 August 2018, journeyed by bus for 15 hours so that they can spend a couple of days with me! then they took the journey in reverse.. strengths of long standing relationships. One would become an Internist and the other hopes to become a ENT doctor.
The next day's dinner party was for a psychologist and we invited a retired professor of Psychology to give tips and clues to the younger one over her new job. 

 I always enjoy the moments of tranquility in my house in between entertaining friends and companions or students or colleagues.
 we get together, we eat and drink. seven bottles of wine on this day and chat and laugh and dance. we all have been friends for a decade at least.
 A brilliant young Endocrinologist colleague.
 In Cuba, socialization goes across age groups. This young Translator has participated in our Fiestas ever since she was 16 years old and now on the brink of becoming a full fledged professional and traveller.

 This is something I am intensely proud of Cuba.. in this photograph the young man in shorts will begin his university studies this fall, of the rest 10, five of them have education at the Doctoral level and the other 5 are university graduates!
This is not an uncommon situation in Cuba, the most educated country in ALL the americas..
 I am very lucky to have sisters in various countries and these two join that list, always making sure that I am fine and well fed and have the proper conditions to invite my friends for dinner and drinks
In the last 7 days, we had dinner parties on 6 nights, we drank about 15 bottles of wine and had tons of fun and it summarizes for me what Cuba is     FRIENDS 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...