mardi 21 août 2018

WELCOME TO MIAMI BY DEAR FRIENDS ...

It was a lovely afternoon, the sun was in the wane, and in preparation for an evening of friendship, talk and food,wine, I took a taxi from my sister's house to the meeting place: 
Morgan's Restaurant in Wynwood District in Downtown Miami, which has built up a reputation as well as clientele over the years to its owner who has two other restaurants in Miami all named after her daughters.

Miami may not have mountains but certainly it puts on a display of ever changing clouds.. beautiful.
The driver, an impatient Dominican from New York, weaved through the traffic and got me there ahead of time.
I don't like driving here, people here don't know how to drive. I wished him well on his drive back to Brooklyn, New York!

At that early hour, the restaurant was empty and I enjoyed the breeze, soon my friends arrived.
Our reunions are always warm and it is so full of news, innovative ideas current and Israel and a little bit of politics.The main purpose was eating and talking while eating. The three hours went so quickly!
The Restaurant did not have a wide variety of choice of wines but I was recommended to drink a Grenache Rose from France which resembled so much the Sauvignon Blanc that I like very much.
We started with a Hummus Dip, of course it is our Genetic food and my sister makes the best Hummus this side of Said's in Akko!
Wine and conversation, plans for some humanitarian medical work together.
I chose Mussels Moules Mejillones with a sauce which was mouthwatering  Ginger curry and other spices in perfect combination.. 
My friends, one of whom is a disciplined foodie, chose the following dish.
Her husband, my medical colleague enjoys his palate, regaling with stories of his tonsillar temptations 
A wonderful evening and a nice way to integrate my self for the next week of staying in Miami after such a wonderful time in Havana..
As I am leaving for Bretagne coast next week, I can look forward to some more seafood   huitres langoustine dorade ...

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...