samedi 16 novembre 2019

HAPPY 500th ANNIVERSARY SAN CRISTOBAL DE LA HABANA . TE AMO CUBA

Some of the following photographs may be copyrighted so I beg forgiveness of the photographers but they were available in the Net..










Many people in Miami are very surprised how vehemently I support Cuba and its people. Most people in Miami know very little about Cuba except the propaganda in the newspapers or the TV. They do not know the reality, some of which is depicted above.
I will let the people of Miami, most of whom are exiled and longing for their countries of origin, to read the poem by Pablo Neruda 
called . EXILIO or EXILE 

El exilio es redondo:
Un pétalo, un anillo:
Le dan vuelta tus pies, cruzas la tierra,
No es tu tierra,
Te despierta la luz, y no es tu luz,
La noche llega: faltan tus estrellas,
La noche llega: faltan tus estrellas,
La noche llega...

Hallas hermanos: pero no es tu sangre.
Eres como un fantasma avergonzado.....

For many years after I left Australia, I missed the Stars of the Southern Continent, so I feel this poem...now my stars and brothers are in the island of Cuba..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...