lundi 18 novembre 2019

AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST WITHOUT BORDERS WHO MAKES HOUSE CALLS

I am trained as an Endocrinologist and I have never had an office.
I make house-calls, but they are not in any particular town or country.
Today I was assigned a nurse, a very sensitive nurse who understands the cultural aspects of this kind of Endocrinology which is Anthropological Endocrinology.
which can be summarised as 
Good Relationship with the person 
They are not "clients" or "patients", we are primarily educators.
We do not preach or coerce or order or put pressure upon them. We repeatedly explain our desires for their better health and control of their endocrine disorders, with changes in their nutrition.
We appreciate the patients putting into use the knowledge gained by our interaction. We visit them on a regular basis.
For privacy reasons I cannot disclose the location or the name or faces of the people I visited today
But it was a good day.
Gorgeous skies
Mild temperatures 
A bit of magical realism involving a dapper alligator named Carlos.
Here are the photos.














 Magical realism involving Carlos the dapper alligator, pictured above and here he is on vacation with is american girlfriend, pictured in the photo above his.
Magical Realism continues:
I first met Carlos at the fountain of the parque Ambiorix in Quartier Europeen in Brussels . He was dressed in a beige well cut suit wearing sunglasses and a panama hat.
I had to explain to the eight year old who was clinging to me, not to be afraid of Carlos and that he was a friend of mine.
thus began the saga of Carlos, the world traveller, with an iphone who travelled the world to visit his families in the tropical parts of the world. Carlos spoke fluent French and Spanish even though he had relatives in English and Portuguese speaking countries.
So I sent these photographs to the now ten year old in Brussels: I saw and said hello to our friend Carlos and here he is vacationing with his American girlfriend!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...