dimanche 10 novembre 2019

A PHOTO JOURNEY OF A LONG JOURNEY FROM SIEM REAP TO MIAMI

It is close to Midnight on Saturday 9 November 2019.
It would be Noon on Sunday 10 November 2019 in Siem Reap, Cambodia 
It was 6AM on 7th November 2019 that Ko Maung Maung the owner of Beyond Yangon Boutique Hotel offered to take me to the Siem Reap International Airport..
THREE DAYS AGO
This is a photographis journey of that "journey" from Cambodia to Miami..
Siem Reap to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia 
A nice Chinese Uber driver with whom I had a good contemporary discussion of Malay politics
Le Meridien hotel adjacent to a Mall, so that my friends whom I had come to meet could easily reach and spend sometime with me.
Good Hotel 
Friendly Staff
Food very tasty and abundant 
Why cant we have that in the USA or Europe where we pay more than twice the price for a similar hotel.
Luxury hotels are in Asia and the Persian Gulf Emirates.

I had stopped off just to see my good friends, a couple whom I had known for a long time. A nice reunion.

I have good luck with taxi drivers and now with Uber or Grab drivers
this time I correctly guessed the tribe of the driver when he told me he was from Borneo..It would have been difficult if he had said Interior, as there are many tribes but he said his village was near Kota Kinabalu and I made an educated guess and it was right.
He has invited me to visit him at his village.. and willing to take a day or two off to show me around and translate for me when I want to talk to elders.
An anthropologist welcomes such things
For "Luck" to arrive, you cant just sit and wait, you have to look for it.




 Plaza Premium Lounge at Siem Reap International Airport is one of the nicest Priority Pass Lounges at an airport. 
 I am "lucky" when it comes to travel. No one was sitting next to me and I like this privacy when I am on a journey.
Arrival at KLIA 2













My stay at Le Meridien was more than satisfactory. It is in Putrajaya halfway between the airport and the city. Wonderful hospitality and I enjoyed the Lounge.
 My best friend in KL sent me a reading from HAFEZ before I began the journey the next morning.




 The breakfast was sumptuous ..I had a selection of tastes of South India knowing that the next time I get to taste it would be in Cochin or KL
 My Dusun driver from Kuala Belud in Sabah, Borneo 
 The Malaysian Airlines Golden Kris Lounge fpr the short haul International flights is adequate but once again the food offerings are good, much diverse and varied and tastier than the ones you would find in Airline Lounges in the USA
who could resist an Asam Laksa?
 SIngapore Changi Airport, Terminal 3 and Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Lounge with more than adequate food choices.





 Singapore Airlines SQ 2 from Singapore to San Francisco with a stop in Hong Kong.











 Japanese Chicken Curry reminded me of that specific tastes of it when traveling in Hokkaido with Noriko and later in the main island, visiting farms studying nutrition.


This hotel near the airport and belonging to the same family of Le Meridien was a disappointment.
Time to adjust psychologically and physically being in North America..Gone was the softness and innocence of Asia and welcome to the passive aggressiveness of the competitive spirit


Leaving the hotel very early in the morning when a vietnamese-american van driver did not even return my greetings!  Welcome to the Land of No Smiles.. after Siem Reap where every one smiles..Rich or Poor..

The admirals Club of American Airlines at SFO looks like a poor cousin after the elegance and luxury of SQ in Singapore.


 I was happy that American Airlines had put this International aircraft on their LAX to MIA flight so that the soft product was good. As usual you do not expect any great service from the crew or anything exceptional about the food. It is okay. 

The Last leg of this round the world trip .. today to MIAMI>



I indulged in this chocolate sundae knowing full well that the next few days I spend in the USA, I would try to eat only organic food and try to avoid all forms of chemical poisonings from food..
WELCOME TO MIAMI AND ITS BEACHES.. BIENVENIDOS

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...