samedi 25 mai 2019

RETURNING TO HAVANA FULL OF EXPECTATIONS MAY 2019

I was ready to return to Cuba after a longer than usual stay in Miami. 
 I always want to get to the airport at Miami earlier than necessary so that I can relax at the Flagship Lounge of the American Airlines.
 Salmon, onions, baby spinach, muesli with yoghurt and of course Sunday New York Times..

 I am ready for you, my precious island, CUBA
 I travel around the world with just hand luggage but not to Cuba! a short distance away from Miami. This time, I had three checked bags.. and a slight anxiety about Cuban Customs but all went well. Two delightful older ladies checked my bag for food (no fresh food but lots of canned foods and biscuits and sardines and those kinds of things)
 My faithful driver friend was waiting and nice help with suitcases weighing 50 lbs each ..
 and his faithful Oldsmobile..
 Nice to see the familiar buildings on the approach to the house where the Landlady (who lives far away) waiting with prepared Lunch (fish, rice, beans and a large jug of fresh cuban coffee)
 Cubans in the island (please do not compare them to Cubans living in Miami) are incredibly caring and show great sense of solidarity to help you and alleviate your problems in times of need.
 It is always nice to walk past relics of old glory of Havana ..
 My flat is only one block away from the Malecon and each day I make sure that i catch the tender rays of the fading sun. At this time of the year, sun sets late and it is nearly 9 pm, that I return home, after stopping to check messages on wifi enabled (international)telephone. These days communications have become very easy in Cuba and I have Internet available in my Cuban telephone. It has completely changed my life routine in Havana.


 The parque at the corner of Linea and L, where is there is wifi
 a slow walk up to Havana Libre where the Liquor store is open until 845 pm (dont expect to be served at 8 46 pm!). I was able to get a nice Sauvignon Blanc from Cataluyna.
Back home, the house is under the protection of OCHUN, the youngest of the Orisha pantheon .
One sleeps well under her careful protection..

WELCOME HOME..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...