mardi 14 mai 2019

MEMORIES OF DAYS IN RAPA NUI EASTER ISLAND ISLA DE PASCUA

I am very grateful that I have visited Rapa Nui four times so far and with each time my connection with the land and the people have increased.
this last visit in February 2019 (the one before was in November 2017, 15 months earlier) was particularly important in that i connected with some special people and began to feel special relationship with the native people of the island.
Every time I am at the British Museum I do not fail to pay homage to the (stolen) Moai displayed and hope one day it will return to its natural place in Rapa Nui.
Collected during the HMS Topaze expedition to Rapa Nui (captained by Powell) in 1868 and presented to Queen Victoria by the Lords of the Admiralty. She then gifted it to the British Museum in 1869.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...