dimanche 26 mai 2019

A DINNER PARTY IN HAVANA... PRECIOUS RELATIONSHIPS FRIENDSHIPS SANS FRONTIERES

My week in Havana was so delightful, friends, talks, preparations for a talk, coffee and cakes, and always every one helping every body else.. This is my Cuba, the Cuba that I love...Those who have been left behind long to join those who have left who long for the island and its unique style ..
Before going off on my bimonthly Asian Journey, I wanted to have a nice group of my friends together. My landlady was untiringly seeking all that was needed for a good get together: Lamb meat Carnero as fresh and clean as possible, vegetables that I like, especially acelga(Bok Choy), enough large bottles of water with and without gas, enough wine, mostly spanish and chilean ..
Most importantly she acquired the services of a neighbour friend who agreed to cook for the 12 people who would come for dinner.



My Cuban mother usually joins us and she was the first to arrive, coming straight from her work.
one by one friends arrived and we finished off the six bottles of wine, lots of water and some diehards who insisted on Rum and Coke..and lots and lots of conversation 








One friend (Phd in Marine Biology) was leaving to join his wife in Mexico, so we used this occasion to wish him well. Earlier we had gone to a lovely Dulceria called Carolina and bought a delicious chocolate Cake..
A very long day for me as I had to pack to leave the next morning, but I felt such a sense of mindful living, enjoying the moment when true friends could spend time together..

Tonight a visitor to the conference where I had given a presentation was present as well. All the adults in the room had travelled abroad and maintain a worldview not just about Cuba.
I love being here in Cuba..
I feel very content with my affiliation with the Indigenous peoples, my devotion to my people and the State of Israel and my love for Cuba. Nice balance with the flavours of many other countries in my life
Very grateful for this life.
Gracias amigos..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...