mercredi 25 décembre 2019

IRAN IN MY HEART . AND IT FILLS IT UP OH HAFEZ..


October 5, 2019 is not forgotten..
Thinking of M in Qizvin and S in Teheran

I have always been fascinated by IRAN (I have written about it elsewhere in this blog) and at the end of September and October, there was a concrete attachment of my heart to IRAN
It also coincided with the uprising there, I am sure the first of many till the birds whose wings have been cut naturally grow back their wings.

A visitor arrives on Air Arabia at 3 am at Cochin International Airport
A Buddhist Monk puts in an appearance
A friend from medical student days reenter the common space of philosophy

Each of the Iranians in my world began filling me in with stories, not one of an absolute hate or depression but one of the descriptions of the beauty of a culture thousands of years old.

I felt the presence of Hafez. The last Ghazal was about False Piety. How appropriate

There is TWILIGHT in Teheran that I must have very soon in my heart

All of these interactions have polished my heart, I thank IRAN for this extraordinary gift, the best in 2019 of making me a better
PERSON
More sensitive
Considerate
Able to cry
Able to absorb the tears

It has been incredible
And each day it is only growing ..

THANK YOU, MY IRANIAN FRIENDS..




featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...