jeudi 26 décembre 2019

QATAR . QATAR AIRWAYS . DOHA . MARRIOTT MARQUIS HOTEL . FOR ME ..


In this crazy world we are living in at the moment, whether large scale demonstrations in India or mass slaughtering of the protesters in Iran or jihadists knifing non believers in the countries they live in, nationwide strike in France ... all of this in the last one week, it is nice to arrive at QATAR . an oasis indeed, to use a pun..
To me Qatar means Qatar Airways which I consider to be the best Airline in the World and I would go out of my way to avail myself of their services.
and in Doha, there is no better place to be than Marriott Marquis hotel with its fine administration and wonderful service staff.
Each time I stay herem, I renew my acquaintances with old friends and make new ones, this time new friends from Sri Lanka, Philippines and Myanmar.
Ms HT in charge of the Guests makes my stay feel very special and to give an example of her pro active kindness, one day arriving later than normal at the Executive Lounge, she had put aside a plate of sweets and macaroons for me!
 What makes the workers at MM so friendly? It might lie up in the administration who send directives .. a new friend from SL
 A lovely room
visits to the Executive Lounge for a middle eastern repas or smoked salmon

 food at nepali restaurant, Gorakha

 nepali food at Gorakha

 My room, very comfortable
 driving through the now familiar scenery
 Al Mourjan Lounge at Hamad International, one of the best business class lounges in the world in one of the best airports in the world 


 Executive Lounge 
 nepali restaurant gorakha


 A new friend from Boracay
 The friendly efficient Miss H
 Executive Lounge
 Momo at Gorakha nepali resto 


 Mingalarbar to a new face..
before boarding QR flight to Paris 



 nepali restaurant

 the beautiful new Museum, worth a few hours of your time..


 courtesy of Miss H


 a pearl crusted head dress for the RANA king of Nepal at the Museum




 nice to say hello to an old friend 


 An old friend from Sri Lanka ..I have known him ever since I started flying QR



Once again I thank Miss H and staff at the Executive Lounge who made my stay extraordinarily welcoming and pleasant.
The other staff at the hotel, especially my friend from Vietnam and friends from Nepal. also Mr R at the front desk

Have a lovely 2020, may the desert winds bring back again in your direction very soon!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...