samedi 27 octobre 2018

FOR A TRAVELLER LOYALTY MATTERS, A TWO WAY STREET: BRISTOW BUNGALOW BY THE SEA IN FORT COCHIN

I  am a  Frequent Traveller and my world is Latin America, North America, Europe, Israel and Asia. 
Whenever I find a hotel or staff, I become attached to them, and go out of the way to see them over and over again.
When it comes to airlines, without doubt Qatar Airways is my airline of choice and there are hotels that I like to stay..
Kuala Lumpur   Double Tree by Hilton at Terra Mark, Tun Abdul Razak St
Malacca  Hotel Equatorial 
Siem Reap  Beyond Yangon 
In Fort Cochin, I recommend Niyati Boutique Hotel where I have stayed countless number of times. But since the arrival of Rajesh Rajan GM and his team, my stays have been made very pleasant at the Bristow Bungalow Hotel, the only hotel facing the sea in Fort Cochin.
 I arrived at COK after a pleasant flight from DOH on QR.
 Whenever I cross this bridge over Periyar River now reduced from its magnificence, I think of the great Chinese Navigator Zheng He who made 4 visits to this area in the 15th century long before Vasco da Gama 
 I was glad that Manolo chose to go through the Container Road and then on to Vypeen and cross the ferry thus giving me a nice view of Fort Cochin as we approached
 The recent catastrophic floods had damaged the seashore as well as the backwaters facing the area, and this destructive and parasitic plants have taken up residence







The GM sent a message to say that the car from the hotel would be waiting for me at the airport, sure enough as I cleared the Immigration and Customs at Cochin International Airport at lightning speed, it was good to see Manolo's face smiling.
One hour later, I was at the door of the hotel, warm welcome from Arvind, in charge while GM was away in Bombay, AnnMarie back from her maternity leave and the genuine warmth of the wait staff, Suresh from Calcutta and SrinNath from Trivandrum.. among others. 
Room no 5 has been reserved and I knew that my loyalty i paid off by their loyalty to me..



Thank you, Muchas Gracias, to all my friends at Bristow Bungalow
Cochin Biennale begins on the 12 December and I expect this charming hotel to be full for its duration. So if you are interested in coming to Cochin at that time, please get in touch with the hotel early
Hope the GM has Room no 5 free for me?

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...