mercredi 24 octobre 2018

CAN AMERICA COMBAT OBESITY? LOOK AT THIS AIRPORT FOOD ..LEAVING MIAMI

I am an Endocrinologist, a person who studies why people put on weight, among other metabolic dysfunctions of the body. I am also an Anthropologist, interested in the influences of the social body ie the Society on the individual body.
I arrived from Havana yesterday and today I am off on a much anticipated (beginning with a Qatar Airways flight fro Miami) journey that would take me to 
Doha Qatar
Fort Cochin, Kerala 
a long layover at the Serendib Lounge at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo
Kuala Lumpur where unexpected pleasures await
Phnom Penh to meet an esteemed colleague 
Siem Reap to calm my heart 
On to Europe
Back to Miami in time to have dinner with my best friends.


 I had arrived at the airport early, as is my custom, but the Qatar agents had not arrived so I decided to look around the area. 
Priority Pass allows you to indulge in certain restaurants in the airport and I have never had the chance to do so. I vaguely remember the following restaurant being part of it, so I entered, mainly to pass time.
Americans are becoming fatter each year, since 1980 there was not a single period or single state or town or area that has lost weight but only has increased the average weight. 
Nutrition has to play a part of it or shall we say lack of good food, here is an example of what was on the offer at the restaurant and i was floored by the amount of calories and not to mention all the bad ingredients.


 This Mango Daiquiri without alcohol, I dare not guess the amount of calories and I chose the least calorie dense meal, filet of catch of the day , weighing in at 750 calories. It is far more than what I eat at each of my meals, sometimes for the entire day.. when I am in the USA
 As soon as I was issued a Boarding Pass, I headed to the Flagship Lounge. 
I needed to drink something..

Today is 24 October 2018
somehow connected to this trip 
So L chaim
To your health

Please choose carefully what you are going to eat whether at home or at the airport..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...