samedi 13 octobre 2018

BEST PLACES CITIES FOR FOODIES AND THE WORST AS WELL USA

Source: WalletHub

I am not a great believer in LISTS of any types.. Lists of places to visit, Lists of restaurants.. to each his own.
Today I went to eat at a "Japanese" Restaurant.. with neigh a Japanese in sight
Most of the waiting staff was from Thailand (possibly reflecting the ownership of the place), the people making Sushi were from Central America and the manager looked to be Cuban..

 What's so THAI about the above salad? Tell me, please?

The quality of food was so so, the salad was designated THAI but the only thai i could detect was the peanut sauce" large leaves of Lettuce and uncut vegetables, hastily put together without much manual labour. 
The Red Vegetable curry came with specks of pepper, we had asked for hot curry, so it was not prepared hot, but bland and then pepper added. 

Miami is no 3 on the list after Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA and I find it a bit hard to believe. there are large number of restaurants in Miami due to the hundreds of cuban cafes serving the usual okay cuban fare. Unfortunately Cuban cuisine cannot be made into a gourmet dining experience.
But Miami does have good places to get a Cortadito.. cuban coffee as long as the person understands Cuban Coffee..

that does not mean that I have not had some EXCELLENT meals in Miami, thanks due to my foodie friend, Dr MW and home cooked meals thanks to my sister who is an excellent cook.

just a sample of Miami resto food , in the company of my good friends Dr and Mrs M W



















Bon apetit!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...