vendredi 2 février 2024

CHOOSE YOUR CAREER CAREFULLY

CHOOSE YOUR CAREER CAREFULLY

ASK YOURSELF, DOES THIS FIT MY PERSONALITY ? ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION AS YOU ALONE KNOW BEST WHO YOU ARE 


There was no question that I was going to choose a people oriented career path as I was/am an  outgoing person, eager to serve or please others and not materially oriented.

A day like today made me realize that I have chosen the career path that suits my personality.

Today we invited the members of this tribe of Indians to come and visit us , a few health care professionals, where they could consult an eye doctor, get their blood pressure checked, blood sugar checked, and their foot examined , meet with a pharmacist who would explain your medications, a 15 minute chair massage, talk to a dental hygienist and if they want, they can talk to me about anything that concerns them about their health.

We took great care to provide a healthier lunch for them, grilled salmon, wild rice , broccoli, green salad , nuts, yogurt. Cheese, tuna, tomato etc .. 

As a token of appreciation of the patients coming to see us and avail of these services, we offer small gifts (usually around 20-30 dollars in value). They like this aspect very much, as it carries a great symbolism of caring  for them. The US Government and the American people discriminated against them ever since they came to these shores five centuries and now that the Indians are self sufficient, there is much respect . I feel proud to be their doctor and also to have days like this one when we can offer a wholistic health care to those who come. 

Today was a perfect day. There were more of us than the patients and we could attend to them fully. I felt grateful for a day like this. 


I also heard from the nurse in the village of Nazaret along the Amazon River that the medications that I had taken there are coming very handy to treat the Indians and she sent me a photo of a grateful patient 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...