vendredi 2 février 2024

BEST CITIES TO LIVE


I have been fortunate to travel a bit in my life, I have always wanted to travel ever since I was a boy! Which country is your favourite, people ask? Not a fair question, as I am not a tourist but a traveller who looks for good in every place I travel to, especially in the local people, many of whom have become friends over the course of years .

Monocle magazine and Forbes magazine each year publish a list of best cities in the world. They use their own metrics to decide why these cities are liveable, they take into account, public facilities, transportation, crime rate, some sort of friendliness index. 

I agree with the lists published and I am glad to say that I usually have visited those cities, most often more than once.

So here are the best cities in the world to live. If you are thinking of migrating, the best cities are either in Australia or Scandinavia , Northern Europe , Japan . Only one city in all of the Americas make the list consistently that is Vancouver, Canada. No Cities in USA or the other countries in the Americas make the list. Needless to say, none from Africa or the Middle East or South or South East Asia make the list.  These lists are published by these magazines taking into consideration the quality of life .. so please do not complain to me, write to the magazines! 

I have lived in some of the most liveable cities during my school and university days and I am very grateful ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...