vendredi 2 février 2024

FREEDOM DENIED TO SO MANY IN THIS WORLD IN MANY SENSES OF THE WORD

This is what I feel like today, this Sunday, on a beautiful afternoon in Miami, while keeping my fingers on the pulse of the hearts of my friends in Iran, Mexico, Cuba

On a «رندی» rendi lifestyle, Sokhan Comprehensive Dictionary (2003) offers this description of its meaning for the general Persian-speaking reader today: «مرد رند» mard-e rend [rend man] is: 

بی توجھ بھ اصول اخلاقی، بیباک و لاابالی و بیقید، بی سر و پا، ولگرد، بی اعتن ابھ ظواھر.
)در ادبیات عرفانی( شخص پامدل، نیکسیرت، آزاد اندیش، حقیقت جو
bitavajjoh be osul-e akhlāqi, bibāk va lā’obāli va biqeyd, bi sar-o pā, velgárd, bi’e‘tenā
be zavāher
; (dar adabiyyāt-e erfāni) shakhs-e pākdel, niksayrat, āzād andish, haqiqát’jú.
inattentive to ethical principles, fearless/intrepid, irresponsible/careless, vagabond/vagrant, indifferent to /heedless of appearances; (in gnostic literature) good natured/disposition/character, freethinking/liberal minded/freethinker, truth-seeking/truth-seeker. 


This is what Freedom is about, not in the banal sense that people use this precious word, I admire my educated friends in Cuba and Iran struggling with their eyes trained on the distant glimmer of hope. Freedom to be what you can be.. to overcome FEAR and also to put into action the principles of the dreams they have and get over the ever-present doubt and self doubt.

I wish you well my sisters in Iran and Cuba

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...